Update: Three more bodies recovered from site of Imo building collapse; mother and her two children still trapped in rubble
Three more bodies have been recovered from the 8-storey building under construction that collapsed in Owerri, the Imo state capital on Thursday April 30. The building collapsed at about 4pm when artisans were still working. One body was recovered shortly after the incident. Three more bodies have now been recovered from the site by the rescue workers, bringing the death toll to 4. A woman who is said to be selling consumables to the workers on the site is said to be trapped under the rubble alongside her two children. Efforts are being made to recover others still trapped in the building. Twelve persons have so far been rescued. Meanwhile the state government says an investigation has commenced to determine the cause of the collapse. It is said that the owner of the building did not get approval to build a skyscrapper on the land. The building before it collapsedThe post Update: Three more bodies recovered from site of Imo building collapse; mother and her two children still trapped in rubble appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.