Two military officials are said to be among the 3 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Bayelsa state, which was announced by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on Sunday May 24. Dr Inodu Apoku, the deputy chairman of the state’s COVID-19 Task Force and permanent secretary in the ministry of health, shared details of the new cases in a statement released on Monday May 25. He also disclosed that the third case is a household contact traced to the two military officers. He said; “The three new cases announced yesterday are a cohort. They were referred to us by a medical doctor.“Their cases were investigated, and samples collected. They are also not epidemiologically linked to any of our previously confirmed cases but admitted to recent travel histories to Lagos and Delta States.“Two of them are military men while the third is a household contact to one of the two. They are all males. “All contacts to the new confirmed cases are being line-listed and adequately followed up including necessary environmental decontamination.“Samples have and are still being collected from their high -risk contacts while they have all been counselled on self-quarantine. Risk communication and community engagement are ongoing.” Bayelsa state has so far recorded 11 confirmed cases of Coronavirus, six patients have been discharged and no death has been recorded. The post Two military men among new Coronavirus cases in Bayelsa appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.